BACKGROUND: How do you shine?
What gives you character?
How are you a gem?
We created this tool to help you appreciate yourself – in all your uniqueness and difference!
While we’re all more similar than we realize, it helps us truly value ourselves when we recognize what makes us uniquely who we are.
- Set aside 30 minutes to celebrate you! Find somewhere relaxing where you can sink into this exercise.
- Start by brainstorming your unique qualities, knowledge, skills, and experiences below. Some tips:
· No judgment please – there is no “good” or “bad” here, there is just the reality of you.
· Think broadly, loosely, and from the heart.
· Include duplicates and similar items – these are good as it shows a theme or pattern!
· Include small things, big things, important things, and “unimportant” things.
· Include what makes you different, unique – anything and everything that makes you ‘YOU’.
· Remember this isn’t about what looks good to others, but what you are proud of in yourself.
- When the area is filled, circle the 10 items you’re most proud of.
- Now for each of the 10 things you’ve circled, consider what strengths & qualities lie underneath eg. completing a marathon might represent courage, determination, and focus. Write these extra qualities next to the item.
- Choose the one item you like most about yourself, and put a star next to it. Now continue to the next page.
Here are some things to consider including below: Your life experiences (difficult or bad experiences whilst they “take away” also usually give us something too), healthy or helpful habits, challenges overcome, achievements, hobbies, skills, and talents (however small, simple or seemingly unimportant), qualities, your yearnings!, your creations, how you make a difference in the world, the knowledge you have, relationships you have cultivated, what you do for fun – and what you get complimented for! To learn more please visit: www.TransformationalLifeCoaching.com.au